Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Confessional

I don't think I have blogged more than a couple of times since I went back to work full time 2 years ago. Truth? I lost my desire to write. I know all of you busy moms out there know what I'm talking about. By the end of the day, once you've done homework, loved on your kiddos, made dinner,  packed lunches, laid out uniforms, given showers, brushed teeth, said prayers, and tucked everyone in... You. Are. Done. All you wanna do is have a glass of wine, curl up in bed, and try to get at least a few hours of sleep before you get up and do it all over again. AND weekends are spent rushing around to soccer games, parties, grocery stores, cleaning the house, folding mountains of laundry & just trying your best to catch up. Ugh, THE GRIND... the grind is tough, no matter how much you love your job!!! That's reality. I know you all get it. We all do it every day.

Since I'm calling this "The Confessional," there is a bit more to this story. In addition to the grind, I have been battling health issues for some time... again, and again, and again, and again. I have been in and out of the hospital with internal issues that I cannot control. I don't want to bore anyone with details. The long and short of it? My insides just do not like to work right and I have a long road ahead of me in order to get well. I'm one tough chick, but there is only so much one person can take. Okay, so enough about that. No sense in whining over spilled innards er, ummm, milk! ;).

Man, being a grown up is HARD! Hahaha! Like my  dear friend Lori says, "When life gives you lemons, make limoncello!"

Being laid up in bed has given me a chance to put things in perspective. I look at my kids and think, "to be 7 again, without a care in the world." They are so innocent, full of life, loving, kind, smart, honest, & fearless. Watching them grow into these amazing DIFFERENT people is what makes it all worth it!

So, what's the moral of the story? I've found my voice again and I feel like blogging! I can't wait to share with you the cool, funny, independent, kind, loving, smart, strong willed, and often insanely frustrating people our kiddos have become. Now that this little confession is out of the way, I can start working on fun stuff!

Next up on the blogging list... Our kiddos turn 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I do believe our blog needs a bit of a face lift too! ;) 

Here's to getting healthy and a fresh start here in Quadville! 


(L-R Russ, Libby, Mommy, Molly & Ally)

Happy Friday Everyone! 

XOXO
Gen 





15 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear your health is suffering - but hopeful for a complete recovery. I've missed your voice in the blogosphere and following the awesome foursome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:34 AM

    Welcome back! I've been following your blog for a while and i was sad not to see any posts the last few months. I'm sorry to hear about your self issue and I can honestly say : if you feel like complaining or unwinding, here is probably the best place to vent.

    I look forward reading more for you!

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are back!! I hope to see more post, but I definitely understand how hectic it can be working, kids, trying to balance it all~ It WILL get easier as the kiddos will be able to start to do more and more for themselves, routines established and they'll know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Delighted you're making a return I often check to see if you've updated, loved following your little ones, I read the steece blog so loved seeing the trip updates! I know how you feel I have only blogged once since my third was born ten months ago, sometimes there's just nothing left to give! Looking forward to the catch up, Kate in Ireland xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're back!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the health problems, but I'm hoping that things are on the mend. It's good to see you're ready to write again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back and look forward to hearing about your (how grown up now?!) family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:09 PM

    SO glad you are back!! Hoping you get healthy and keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Hi, I found you thru the Steece blog also. I am so glad you are back. I think you are a very talented writer and I loved the way you wore your heart on your sleeve. I have missed that, looking forward to finding out about the McNulty's again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:37 PM

    I know all about being too tired to do anything at the end of the day, and my kids are all grown up! I happened on your blog from my niece's blog a few years ago and have enjoyed your hilarious accounts of life with the quads. I hope you are on your way to good health...I'll keep you in my prayers. Glad to see you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I'm so glad you're back, you have such a gift for writing, and for always finding the humor in a situation. I can't wait to hear what you have all been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I very much feel the same way you do. We have 5 kids (2 sets of twins and a singleton) and I used to be SO good about blogging. I've averaged about 6 entries this pastyear but recently I, too, felt the urge to blog again. I realized that it really is for my kids when I found my 8 year old flipping through one of the blog books, laughing at some old photos and stories. I'm sure it'll be peaks and valleys, but at least I've started the journey again! I hope you start to feel better.....parenting is tough enough when you do feel good, let alone when you're feeling bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Esther12:08 PM

    Can't wait to catch up with you and the family! Sorry to hear about your health issues, though....

    Go, Gen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:15 PM

    So glad you are back!!! I thought you had abandoned blogging forever, I'm very happy to see you back at it, but very sorry to hear you are having health issues. prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:19 AM

    *wipes brow* ... One huge fan and follower from New Zealand is sooo glad you found your mojo again !!

    I so missed watching your babies grow and was soo excited to see a new post and then did the exclaim Oh my goodness look how they have grown.

    Greta to have you back hope your health is on the mend .. xxx Marie in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  15. cannot believe they're going to be 7, so happy to read this again. I was a lurker for YEARS and read every single post since day 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - love to hear from you!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails