Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stump Questions in Quadville

We have a very curious and inquisitive quartet. We're proud of them - and encourage this behavior as much as possible.  Yet lately, we're left speechless or with answers that don't do any justice to the originality of the questions.  A sampling from the past week:

Why did God give boys nipples if they don't have babies? (Ally)

Why is this movie soooo bad? (apparently they've turned into quasi-film critics lately with OnDemand's offerings)? (Molly)

Does God like Pizza? (Russ)

Why don't I have blonde hair anymore?  (Libby)

When can I have long hair again? (Libby)

Mommy, how come sometimes you have gray hairs and then they go away for a while? I don't like it when you have gray hair. (Libby)

Daddy, why did God take your hair away? (Libby....if this kid was on twitter, #myhair would be trending daily)

Why is mommy allergic to everything? (Ally. Explaining Celiac Disease to 6 year old is a challenge.)

Why isn't Harry Potter at Disneyland? Isn't he magical just like everyone else there? (Russ)

Can I have a bunny for my 7th birthday and can I sleep with it in my bed every night? (Ally.  Ok, that one was an easy answer of "No".  But the rationale didn't go over well with the kids...)


Sometimes we just answer with "That's a good question, I don't really know why."

Ultimately, that follows with their response of "Well if you don't know, Why don't you ask God?  You said he's always listening..."  Trump card.  Smart, smart kids...

Hope they never stop asking questions - just wish they'd space them out a bit at times.  Any gems from your families to share?  

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are so darn cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the opposite Gen, kids who have the answers. I remember when a friend was expecting her sixth child and shared the news with the kids. Caitie popped out with this gem..."Six kids...they're gonna run outta plates!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:17 PM

    We miss your posts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:17 AM

    This is freaking hilarious!! Me and my co workers are cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - love to hear from you!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails